Friday, September 28, 2007

Oh, the Pressure!

There are lots of little, easy things that can be done to make this world a little greener. Making sure the tire pressure on your car's tires is where it should be is one of them.

I read the other day that Americans waste 4 million gallons of gasoline each day simply because their tires are under inflated. 4,000,000 gallons! Some simple third grade math (okay, actually some simple computer calculated math) tells me that’s over 1.4 billion (1,460,000,000 to be exact) gallons a year.

I must admit. I have no idea how to put air in my car's tires. I've always had my husband do it because I'm afraid the tire will explode on me. Before I was married I suppose the tires only got inflated properly when I took my car in for service.

I think this weekend I'll have my husband teach me how to inflate my tires.

There are other things you can do to your car to help it achieve more efficient gas mileage. For more tips go to:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/maintain.shtml Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: