Got a greenie in your life whose stocking you need to stuff, or do you just want some ideas for stocking stuffers that are less harmful on the earth? I've got a list of ideas for you.
- Fair trade organic chocolates, coffees, teas or hot cocoas
- Gift certificates to used CD, DVD, or book stores
- Something handmade from EcoEtsy - they have jewelry, fashion, crafts - just about everything - all made from independent artists and crafters
- Packets of organic seeds for next spring's garden
- Burt's Bees Lip Balm
- Beeswax or soy candles
- Bottle of organic wine
- Mp3, cell phone, PDA solar charger
- A reusable water bottle like Kleen Kanteen or Sigg
The most important thing to remember when filling a stocking is to make sure that none of the items are just filler. Try to make each item something the recipient will actually use. If the person whose stocking you're filling never burns candles, then don't put in beeswax or soy candles just because they are environmentally friendly. Any item, no matter how environmentally friendly made it is, becomes a waste of materials and energy if it never gets used.
Can you add to this list? What green item would you like to see in your stocking?