Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Picking Through the Trash

I wasn't prepared. I had been so busy in the days leading up to Christmas that I hadn't thought to plan ahead to make sure that all of the trash generated yesterday got disposed of properly. And I certainly was not of a clear enough mind when my husband and boys woke my up at 6am (hubby was up first and woke the boys - he's such a boy himself) to open gifts to make sure things got saved to recycle instead of thrown in trash bags. All of the wrapping paper and boxes that the toys and other gifts came in went in to one trash bag.

So today, I went through the trash bag and pulled stuff out. Yep. That's what I did. 

Next year, I'm going to make sure I'm prepared. And I'm putting it on my calendar for late next summer to query some publication about writing an article on being eco-conscious during the opening frenzy.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: