Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Working for Mother Nature

I've been writing for Mother Nature Network for a couple of weeks now. I thought I'd share a few of my food blog posts here with you. I post two or three times a day on the site, and I promise I won't bombard you with all of my posts. From time to time, I will let you know about a few of them.

First things first, though. What do you think of this groovy caricature they had drawn of me? That's just a sneak peak of it. It's a full body drawing.

On to some posts:
  • Holiday food gifts: pumpkin bread recipe - this is the recipe I use when I make small loaves of pumpkin bread to give out as gifts. It's moist and flavorful, and if you're not careful you'll eat the whole loaf in one sitting.
  • Restaurant review: Washington DC's Founding Farmers - I ate at this farm-to-fork restaurant in DC that I can't rave enough about.
  • Tackling the bulk bins: brown basmati rice - I've started a feature on tackling the whole grains in the bulk bins. From time to time, I'll be cooking up something wholesome I've scooped from the bins, discussing what it is, and sharing a simple recipe that I've tested.
  • 10 uses for unloved bread ends - You all know I've been trying to waste less food. The ends of bread are food even if we don't show them the love we show other food. I've got ten ways to use 'em up.
That's just a sampling of what I'm doing at MNN. I've posted dozens of other posts and you can see the entire list, here. I could use some feedback so if you read something that strikes your fancy, please leave a comment on the site. Once the site goes out of beta, I'll be writing more current food news posts in addition to what I'm already doing.

I can't believe I get to do this for a living.
Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Adam Shake said...

I can believe it Robin. Your very good at what you do, and there is a demand for your writing. Congratulations! Your living the dream!

Adam