Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Video: How single stream recycling works (with an unexpected guest appearance by me)

A while back I wrote about the fact that my town was going to single stream recycling. Paper, glass, and metals are co-mingled in one container and they get sorted later at a facility. I found this video from ZapRoot on YouTube that shows how it works once it gets to the recycling center. 

I had already decided I was going to post the video here when I got a big surprise. Right around the 1:30 mark, I show up behind the woman who is talking. There is an older post of mine from Sustainablog titled Shouldn't Every Day Be America Recycles Day by Now? that is on the screen behind her. Funny.

The part about recycling ends halfway through the video and then some other random weird stuff comes up. You can continue to watch if you want, but the part I'm interested in having you see is in the first half.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: