Monday, December 8, 2008

Saving Paper a Half Inch at a Time

First of all, if you're new to A Little Greener Every Day, welcome. Last week saw 3 times as much traffic as I've ever had here. Most of that traffic came this way from Stumble Upon. I also want to say thank you to those who take the time to submit my posts to Stumble. I appreciate it.

Last week, I read a post on someone else's blog (and I can't remember which blog or I would certainly give them credit) that suggested that everyone change the margins on their Word documents (or whatever word processor you use) to help reduce the amount of paper used. 

I have always done this, but I've never mentioned it here. Of course, I didn't always do it to be green. I started doing it to save money. The less paper I used, the less paper I had to buy. When printing out documents that I needed to read over, I would adjust the margins to .5 inches. Sometimes I'd change to a smaller font, too.

If doing this is worth the effort for me, think of how advantageous it would be for a company to have their employees change the margins on their documents. It could save reams and reams of paper each year.

Next time you need to print something, go into the formatting section of your word processor and change your margins to .5. It's a small thing, but I believe that doing a whole bunch of small things can make a big difference.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: