Monday, March 9, 2009

Nature's Path High Fiber Cereals Review

The people at Nature's Path have sent me more cereal to try out and review - gotta love it when food just shows up on your doorstep. I had breakfast all last week courtesy of Nature's Path. Here's what they sent me:

Organic Optimum Slim - Very high fiber (11g), low fat (2g) and tasted like it. It wasn't bad. I've eaten it more than once. It's just a good high fiber cereal without a lot of sweet in it. If you're trying to lower your fat intake and increase your fiber intake - this cereal will do it while leaving you satisfied and full. But you won't walk away saying "Oh, yum!" 

Organic Flax Plus Pumpkin Raisin Crunch - If you're looking for a cereal that you will walk away saying "Oh, yum!" to, this is the one. The raisins help to give it a sweetness and the pumpkin seeds add a little something unexpected. I really liked this. Enough that I'll be buying it again (unless Nature's Path wants to send me a year's supply....). A little more fat than the Optimum Slim (4g - still not bad) and a little less fiber (9g - still very respectable), but a lot more flavor.

Organic Instant Hot Oatmeal - Simply rolled oats and sea salt. A good amount of fiber (6g) and more fat than I would have thought for plain oats (3.5g) but after a little research, I found out that is common in oatmeals. All in all, it's oatmeal - you can jazz it up with raisins, brown sugar, maple syrup - whatever you want and make a good, hot breakfast. 


See my previous review of some of Nature's Path Kid's Cereals, here.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Rick Court said...

Thanks for the review. I almost bought a Nature's Path cereal, but wasn't sure I'd like it. Now I'll have the courage to give it a try.