Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Taking time to appreciate spring


It's been a crazy climate changing spring with the temperature rising into the 90's on one day then dipping into the 50's the next and heavier than even normal spring rains for days on end messing with my garden. The peppers and eggplants pictured above are doing well because they were fairly established when I put them in, but most of my tomato plants that I put in as small seedlings have been devastated by the heavy rains.

Yesterday and today, however, have been beautiful, sunny spring days. My windows are open as a type. Last night, three of the families on the block got together for an impromptu baseball game across the street, and all of us ages 2 - 45 had a blast until it got too dark to see the ball. Even though it was past my youngest's bed time by the time we came in,
we grabbed some ice cream from the freezer before bed (you need to try Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Macadamia made with fair trade chocolate and nuts!). This is what spring should be like. 

I took some photos this morning of the plants the beauty that is bursting out around my yard, and I thought I'd share them with you today.

If you're fortunate enough to be experiencing perfect weather, get outside and enjoy the views. Play a little, then be still for a while as you enjoy what's blooming around you.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: