Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses

Welcome to post 499. As I lead up to post 500 here on A Little Greener, I'm looking back at some of the posts I've done in the past two years. I was going to do a look back at some of the pictures I've taken and used on the blog, but then I remembered how hard it is to use multiple pictures on blogger. I really do need to get this blog migrated to Wordpress.

I've decided to go with gardening today. Last year, everything grew wonderfully in my garden, even if the rabbits, squirrels and chipmunks ate a lot of it. This year, not so much. The rains, the cool weather, and probably my inexperience have made a much sadder veggie garden this year.

Okay, on with the look back at my past posts that have to do with gardening.

Green Term of the Week: Composting
- Long before I started composting in my backyard, I wrote this piece. It took me a while to actually begin to compost, but this was the beginning of the decision for me that I would compost.

Reusing an Old Charcoal Grill - The dome charcoal grills can make for good planters.

Green Term of the Week: Lawn Busting
- also known as Food, Not Lawns, Lawns to Gardens, or Grow don't Mow. Why have grass when you can have food?

How to Get a Six Year Old to Eat Pesto without Complaining
- I got my then six year old son to eat pesto. It only took about 3 months of work.

Tomatoes Piling Up? Try this Fresh Pasta Sauce Recipe - Since I haven't gotten a single red tomato yet this year, it's hard to remember that last year I was knee deep in them at some point. But I was, and I made this recipe several times.

Online Seed Exchange: Get Your Seeds for Free
- Seeds are relatively inexpensive, but free is better. Plus, seed exchanges sometimes have varieties you can't get in stores or catalogs.

Green Term of the Week: Victory Garden
- A recent victory garden resurge had taken place in the U.S. We're reclaiming our knowledge, our seeds, and our ability to feed ourselves with real food.

Growing a Container Herb Garden - A video that shows you how easy it is to have fresh herbs no matter what sort of space you live in.

Okay, next post is number 500? What will it be? Tune in and find out.

Title quote by
Hanna Rion

Other quote I was considering using to title this piece:
Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else? - Betsy CaƱas Garmon

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: