Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Things are rough all over, Ponyboy

This is my 497th post. I'm still deciding what to do for the big 5-0-0, but for the few posts leading up to it, I'm going to look back at some of my previous posts. Please indulge my reminiscing.

I know we're supposed to believe that the economy is getting better. Perhaps it is on it's way up, and I just don't know how to read the signs. But most of the people I know, including my family, are looking for ways to spend less money and save money on the things they have to spend it on.

So I thought I'd go back and find some old posts that talk about saving money while being green. Here are a few that you might find helpful.

Staying green during the (possible) recession - Yep, this one was written a year and a half ago, when many of us were still in a bit of denial. It deals with stretching your grocery budget.

5 ways to be greener today that will save you money - 5 things you can to today, right now, with little effort.

Buying local at the peak of season saves money - Considering we're in the heart of summer and local foods are abundant everywhere, this is a very relevant post.

Going greener with your music can save you money
- Tips on finding inexpensive or free legal music and downloads.

Host a swap and save money - "One man's trash is another man's treasure" and a swap can help you get rid of your unwanted items and get things you need or want without spending a dime.

10 easy ways to be more sustainable with your clothing
- These tips will help you save money on new clothes while extending the life of the clothes you have

5 reasons to dig into your pantry - You've got food in your pantry that you've already paid for, why not use it?

Reduce, reuse, recycle: Packing and shipping items - If you're a careful saver, you should never have to pay for shipping products again.

Coupons for organic and natural foods are out there - Coupons for the organics and naturals aren't as plentiful as say coupons for Hot Pockets, but they are out there.

And please, before every female Gen-X'er who reads this post tells me that the photo doesn't match the quote, I know it doesn't. I couldn't find a photo of the right scene.
Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

balmeras said...

Love this post, Robin. You had me at Ponyboy!

Bethe

Robin Shreeves said...

Ponyboy had us all back in 1983, didn't he Bethe?