Friday, August 8, 2008

The Siemens We Can Change The World Challenge for Middle Schools

I just e-mailed the superintendent of my school system about this a program that is aimed at bringing environmental sustainability education into K-12 classrooms. The Siemens We Can Change the World Challenge will start in September with a contest for middle school kids and expand over the next to years to include all students in grades K-12.

You can read more about it on my Sustainablog post -
Siemens We Can Change the World Challenge First Step of K-12 Sustainability Education Program.

I think that schools right now are looking for ways to help their students not only learn about the environment but get them involved in finding solutions for environmental problems. This looks like a great way to do it. I encourage you to contact your local school's administration and let them know about this program.
Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: