Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Green Term of the Week - Veggie Curious

Yesterday, I wrote a post about 5 Green Podcasts that are Entertaining as Well as Educational on Sustainablog and one of the comments pointed me to a podcast for the veggie curious. I had never heard that term before, so of course, I had to google it to see if it was an actual thing. And it is.

If you're veggie curious, you're a carnivore (or I suppose technically, an omnivore) who is interested in what being a vegetarian or a vegan is all about. 

I suppose I could be labeled veggie curious. I'm going meatless with my dinners two nights a week. I've also had several discussions lately about several passages in the book of Genesis that might point to the fact that we were all created to be vegetarians from the get-go. But that's another post.

So how about you. Have you found yourself being veggie curious lately? Made any good meatless meals for your carnivorous families that have been well received? I'd love to hear about them.

More reading for the veggie curious

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Janine said...

Trader Joes also has these packaged vegetarian sauces that you can serve over rice or nan etc.

We had them the other night, everyone picked which kind and the kids had one with lentils. My middle son, who is seven and my pickiest eater, loved it and asked me to pack it in his lunch!