Friday, September 26, 2008

A Little Greener Every Day Turns One!

Happy One Year Anniversary to A Little Greener Every Day! It's been exactly one year since I first posted on this blog. I had no idea what I was doing. But here it is, a year later, and I've got readers and new friends and not only do I write this blog, but I've been hired to write about green other places because of this blog.

I really appreciate all of you who read A Little Greener Every Day regularly and take the time to comment.

I don't have any big plans for the upcoming year or anything like that. I'm going to continue to post. I'm going to continue to try to be a little greener each day and let you know what I learn. I hope you all will stick around.

One of my very first posts on this blog was Read a Banned Book. The American Library Association dedicates the last week in September (starts tomorrow) to bringing to light the problem of banning books. I'll be wearing my "I Read Banned Books" button all week. I'll also be reading my favorite banned book of all time
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle.

I wrote a piece yesterday for Sustainablog about the importance of making sure our freedom of speech is protected from those who want to ban books. Believe it or not, someone wanted to ban the Lorax back in the late 1980's. You can check out the post Ban Dr. Seuss' The Lorax? for more info.

I encourage you to read a banned book next week, too.
Stumble Upon Toolbar