Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I Love My Prius - A Little Praise for my Hybrid

For the past few days every time I've driven by the local gas station it seems the price has gotten higher and higher. I live in a state that has some of the lower gas prices, at least in the northeast, but they've gone well over $3/gallon in the past few days.

So I'm just taking a minute to say, "I love my Prius." Technically, it's my husband's Prius. A year ago he traded in his SUV that was getting maybe 12 mpg for the little hybrid sedan. I have a mini van that I rarely drive. Since we both work from home, if I need to run out, I take the hybrid. 

The Prius was more expensive than any car we had bought in the past. Initially, it was a financial hit. But, the money it saves on gas will more than make up for its initial cost long before we're done with the car. 

If you're in the market for a new car, please consider checking out hybrids. Don't allow the initial sticker shock to turn you off before you educate yourself on the benefits of owning a hybrid. Not only do you save money on gas, but you save gas and create less pollution by driving a hybrid. 

There are so many options out there, and each year car manufacturers are adding new hybrids to their lines. And not only are they adding new models, they are working to make the hybrids even more fuel efficient. GM is currently working at making their hybrids 15-20% more efficient by 2010. 
Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: