Monday, March 24, 2008

A Natural Breakfast Cereal My Kids Really Like - Peanut Butter Bumpers


I found an all natural cereal that my kids really like. Mother's All Nutural Peanut Butter Bumpers. They look just like PB Cap'n Crunch. We didn't do a taste test between the two cereals, I haven't bought Cap'n Crunch in years. I don't think it's necessary. The kids and I both loved the taste of the Bumpers.

So here's the ingredients in the Peanut Butter Bumpers:

Corn flour, unsulphured molasses, natural peanut butter (ground peanuts, salt), oat flour, rice flour, salt, honey, natural mixed tocopherols (vitamin E).

Here's the ingredients in Cap'n Crunch (take directly from their website):

CORN FLOUR, SUGAR, PEANUT BUTTER (PEANUTS, DEXTROSE, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL [COTTONSEED AND RAPESEED OIL]**, SALT), OAT FLOUR, RICE FLOUR, COCONUT OIL, SALT, CARAMEL COLOR, NIACINAMIDE*, REDUCED IRON, ZINC OXIDE, BHT (A PRESERVATIVE), THIAMIN MONONITRATE*, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE*, RIBOFLAVIN*, FOLIC ACID*.


Now, the Cap'n Crunch has added vitamins and minerals while the All Natural cereal does not. But they are chemically added vitamins and minerals, not natural ones. The Cap'n Crunch also contains BHT as a preservative which is considered one of the top additives to keep away from your kids.

I know it would be healthier if my kids ate things like fruit, eggs, and organic whole grain slow cooking oatmeal for breakfast, and at times they do. But on many school mornings, woofing down a bowl of cereal is the best they have time for. So, I've been looking for the best I can find, and The Mother's Peanut Butter Bumpers work for us.

I've been able to buy them in the natural/organic food section of Wegmans, and I also bought them in the regular cereal isle at my local Pathmark. 

Do you have any all natural or organic box cereal that your kids love and you'd recommend?


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: