Thursday, November 20, 2008

Blogging Roundup

Before I get into my blogging roundup, I wanted to know if you've heard about the Progressive Automotive X PRIZE? It's a private competition that is offering a 10 million dollar prize to a team that comes up with a vehicle that can 100 mpg or better. It's innovation through competition and the prize certainly is an incentive, isn't it? This, obviously is not my area of expertise, but it is an area of expertise for one of my friends from high school, Doug. He and his partner Bob have made it into "the first wave of teams that have made it past the first round of qualifications in the race to make a super-efficient and market-ready vehicle that gets at least 100 mpg." 

I wanted to say congratulations to team BDCOTSRUS and wish them good luck in the competition. With the mess that our automotive industry  in our country is in at the moment, I don't see any of the American car companies doing anything about innovation or improving fuel efficiency. It's reassuring to know that someone out there with a real incentive is working on this.

Onto the blogging roundup. Here's what I've been doing elsewhere over the past couple of weeks:
Does anyone else feel like time is passing super quickly lately? I feel like I just get my kids to school, sit down to work, and suddenly it's time to pick them up, and my work day is over. I'm not complaining - I get to do what I love and I've got plenty of clients right now. I'm just amazed at how the day flies. I've only got 2 1/2 hours till I need to pick the boys up today and my to-do list has barely been touched! Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: