Monday, April 14, 2008

Let it All Hang Out Day - April 19th


Don't forget about the contest I'm running to win a ChicoBag. Click here to find out how.

Over the past few days I've read a few things about National Let it All Hang Out Day. It's a day where people are being challenged to hang their laundry outside instead of drying it in their clothes dryer. It's actually a Canadian thing, but people in the US are beginning to pick up on it, too.

I wrote a post a few weeks ago about greening the drying of your laundry. I won't repeat myself - you can just click here if you want to read it.

One of the suggestions in the post, of course, was hanging your laundry out to dry. I hang some of mine in the basement, and I've been meaning to get a clothes line for outside. Reading about this challenge has made me decide that now is the time. By this Saturday, I will have a clothes line in my back yard.

Anyone want to join me and put a load of laundry out to dry before you get busy this Saturday with little league games, gardening and whatever else your Saturday holds?
Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Janine said...

Is it this Saturday? Everytime I stick another load in the dryer I keep thinking of your blog post and that I should be hanging it. I have a dog line that I may use. I think I have an addiction to the washer and dryer:) and I keep thinking of all the energy and water I'm using. Another thing I need to retrain my mind and my household on.

Robin Shreeves said...

Yep, this Saturday.

And it's supposed to be gorgeous in our neck of the woods. No excuse (other than the fact that I still don't have an outside line yet!) for using the energy sucking dryer.

Crafty Green Poet said...

we don't have a clothes drier, we have always hung our clothes up on a clothes horse inside the flat. We don't have a garden otherwise we'd hang everything outside...

Robin Shreeves said...

Crafty - good for you.

How do you deal with cardboard stiff blue jeans and bath towels?!