Wednesday, June 4, 2008

June's Mini Eco-Challenge - Half Way Point Check-in


So how is your mini eco-challenge going?

Here's my update:

Challenge #1 - Cook a meal with only locally grown or raised food. I haven't done this yet. It's been a busy week and I won't be making a real family dinner until the weekend. I plan on making some chicken and vegetable kabobs, a salad with romaine, spinach and strawberries, and buying some bread from a local bakery. I can get everything from the farmer's market except for a few ingredients for the salad dressing. 

Challenge #4 - Walk. I bought the pedometer. Yesterday I walked over 14,000 steps! That's seven miles. Today I only logged 8000 steps or about 4 miles. So I am well on my way to the 15 miles I thought I'd walk.

Challenge #5 - Read The Omnivore's Dilemma. Well, I'm STILL getting through Affluenza. I'm almost done, but I don't think The Omnivore's Dilemma is going to happen this week. But it's next on the rotation.

Let me know how you're doing in the comments.
Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Allison said...

#2 I have not touched one papertowel and yell at my kids if they do.

Robin Shreeves said...

Good job.

I always try to remember with my kids that I raised them without good eco-habits and just because I'm ready to take a next step doesn't mean that it's going to be easy for them to take that step, too. Be an example and they'll come around.