Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Reusing an Old Charcoal Grill


I can't take credit for this idea. My Weight Watchers leader, Martha, told us about this tonight. She had an old charcoal grill that was beginning to rust in the bottom and was ready to be retired. Instead of kicking it to the curb, she used it as a planter for her lettuces. 

Since she has many bunny problems, she thought this was a great solution. I think it's a great idea. It's a creative way to give a second life to an old item. It takes care of the critter problem. It can be wheeled to different parts of the yard to get more or less sun. It probably would also allow you to plant a  little earlier in the season because the lid can easily be popped on if there is a danger of frost.

My grill isn't ready to be retired yet, but I'm hoping that I find one curbside before next spring. I think  it would be fun to let the kids paint it before we plant.
Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: